Friday, August 14, 2009

The Long Ride Home

It didn't help that it was freezing.......I was Coooold, It was an utterly terrible Idea to have come here in the dead of winter.....The December wind was biting, never mind that he had turned up the heat as far as it could go.....

We were silent for so long.......I just couldn't speak.......I guess we were waiting for each other to make the first move...And I tried, my mouth was moving, but the words just wouldn't come out.....what exactly my mouth was saying I couldn't entirely tell you.......And just as I thought, I couldn't even breathe anymore, He says.....

"Goat head, why aren't you saying anything? R u shy?" I burst out laughing.....It wasn't even the cute kind of laugh, we ladies try to do.......But it did do the job of bringing down the temperature, the tension quickly evaporated and conversation flowed easily........I accused him of his smoking habits and he accused me of being a NAG......

Then he turned up the volume of the radio, his favorite song was playing.....And he took my hand
♫ Girl, I can't live without you ooooo, Girl I can't live without you o o.....Tinchy Stryder.....Never even heard of him, till I met him.....But I loved that he loved music almost as much as I do.....although there is still some argument on my part about this grime music still......

"How long do we have left, I asked? We are almost there, he replied." My tension rose as fast as he was driving, which was very fast, which I kept complaining about, and he kept saying to relax....You see for a year, we had been talking from across the seven seas literally.....but now I couldn't escape the physical aspect of this relationship......I afterall hadn't even been kissed in close to a year......I didn't even know, if I wanted to be kissed really......I didn't even think I remembered how....

If I say so myself, I looked hot.....I had afterall worked for months on end to look this good, the gym sessions have been more obsessions than just trying to stay fit....I had spent a lot of money on my hair too, which I never do, nails done right....I even fixed my eyelashes, which was quite bothersome really.....and yet I felt so insecure of myself......and my degree in psychology was of no help to me today......


All of this going through my mind, and I didn't even realize, he had parked......"Goat head, get out now".......Snap, Snap, Snap....The walk to the door was very very slow......


To be continued.....xxxxx

12 comments:

  1. thanks for checking out the blog girlie!!
    xs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... So is him callin' you "Goat Head" a pet name or an epithet??

    I'll be back to read the sequel..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Samantha.... I did, thanks for checking out mines as well...... @Nosa............. Thanks for stopping by as well,I'm glad u like it...... @RocNaija........I believe an epithet is a nickname....if not looked at in a derogatory manner....but yea it's meant to be more endearing than abusive..... Thanks for reading and commenting...... I appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Oye......thanks babe, i appreciate it
    @Ti-To....thanks miss Ti-To...glad u like it

    ReplyDelete
  7. silly girl
    now you have gone and done it
    you have piqued our interest...
    we are waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol.....Tisha, isnt that the point.....lol, sorry....thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  9. m lovin ds op u fill us in on wat happened next

    bighead

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous - guess i answered ur question....thanks

    ReplyDelete

J'apprécie réactions, surtout quand ils sont constructifs. Pas d'insultes s'il vous plaît.