Friday, October 9, 2009

I Long

So I was inspired by akaBagguci's last post and yesterday's overdose of RocNaija….so I thought I was immune to his charm, since it seemed every girl in blogsville is interested in him, but after reading every post he's written I can see why….ladies and gentleman, I have a crush….lol….that's beside the point…. I haven't written a poem in a while, and so I hope it comes out as well as it is in my head…honest criticism folks, I will really appreciate that…. Unfortunately, it's about love again….it's been a while I've written something dark, I guess I am just really happy and for that I Thank God….Enjoy and thanks


I long for your warm embrace

In which I always feel so safe

When you wrap your arms around me, I am like a child with his favorite blanket

So that even when we are asleep and you move away, I feel your absence through the maze of my dreams


I long for your smile

In which I always feel beautiful

When you see me from across the room, take a minute to stare and then smile so brightly

Transforming your dark face, translucent, like the beacon from a light tower


I long for your kiss

In which I feel loved

When you take my lips in yours, carefully tasting and nibbling away at every inch

Like I am your favorite bowl of icecream, Ben and Jerry's Karamel sutra, chocolate and caramel ice cream with fudge chips


I long for you

For with you, I am whole

Your words edify me, your mouth appreciates me, your body testifies to me

I long for you, that I might find myself again, for you are my missing puzzle


13 comments:

  1. Omo! is this supposed to be for Roc? goddamnit girl!! this is straight deep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....no its not for him now...lmao...i'm saying i was inspired by his writings....its just a poem, lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice freestyle poem. I like the flow, imagery and repetition. Good one girl. I agree it's great to be happy and in love/crush. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your body testifies to me?
    Shuooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Myne...lol...thanks girl, i appreciate it

    @Fabulol-la....lmao, you need me to explain that line...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL
    i loved this...
    simple and free-flowing!
    NEEEEEEFEMI...?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lool..ah no explainations needed o.
    Me sef Im hoping someone would testify to my own body too..lol

    Ok err..I hit block instead of accept on twitter..shey u will send the request again?
    :) I swear it was just a mistake..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. @David....thanks boo, glad you like it

    @Fabulo-la....lol, i shall be praying for you..and yea i resent the request already...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm abysmal when it comes to writing poetry, makes me appreciate people that do, a whole lot more.

    Succinct yet eloquent..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @RocNaija.....thanks dear, appreciate it...

    @akaBagucci.....thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  11. m gonna criticize tht it sounds like something from d book of songs of solomon.

    nt bad though, more grease to ur elbow.
    peace

    bighead

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol....criticism is good - thanks, now i'm going to read songs of Solomon to learn some more - lol, thank u - bighead

    ReplyDelete

J'apprécie réactions, surtout quand ils sont constructifs. Pas d'insultes s'il vous plaît.